These are some insights and Blogging Best Practices are updated regularly as I find more that I have collected over the years of blogging and social media:
- Write everything with Search Engine Optimisation in Mind.
- Know your reader and write for that reader.
- Use optimum Keywords and use our How to do Keyword Analysis to do this effectively.
- Be consistent in posting.
- Be on topic.
- Add at least one image or video.
- Have a catchy Headline.
- Share your blog posts on social media platforms. Use our Guide to Optimising Sharing Content on Social Media Platforms.
- Aim to have 300 words in each post however the proportion of shares versus the number of words is optimised at 100 according to analysis of 2 years of Mashable.com data, more about that in the post – How Many Words should my content have?
As always if you have any thoughts or want to discuss further then lets have a real conversation and get in touch on twitter @naoimigillis.